- $85,0000 – Failed to forward patient request in electronic format to a 3rd party
- $38,000 – Failed to provide patient copy of his medical records
- $15,000 – denied request to patient to inspect her records and give a copy
- $70,000 – Failed to provide personal representative copies of father’s medical records
- $3,500 -Failed request of patient to access her medical records
- $10,0000 – Failed to provide personal representative copies of minor son’s medical records
- $160,000 – Failed to provide mother’s request for copy of son’s medical records
- $100,000 -Failed to provide patient’s request of her medical records
The OCR is proposing new changes in the Privacy rule for 2021 and is currently in review for public comments. One of the proposed changes is to shorten the required response time from 30 days to 15 days. Stay tuned with Modern Practice Solutions on the Privacy Rule changes.
For more information and training on the Privacy Rule & the Right to Access, reach out to us at Modern Practice Solutions! We are here to assist you and your team with your HIPAA Compliance.